- Project name: Construction project of Muong Lay – Nam Nhun road in Dien Bien province – Package B1: Ban Xa bridge.
- Location: Dien Bien
- Year of commencement: 2008
- Year of completion:2009
Highlights of the project
Ban Xa Bridge has a main Bridge which is reinforced concrete box girder constructed by balanced cantilever method. The main bridge length is 516m.
Description of advanced science, technology and software applications:
- Main bridge has a frame bridge structure with 5 continuous cantilever spans of which the main span is 120m and the total length of the main bridge is 516m.
- This bridge crosses the Son La hydroelectric reservoir therefore the height of pier is very high ~ 50m must be arranged in H-shaped body pier to increase stability and reduce the slender effect.
- The main bridge was modeled by RM Space Frame 2000 software, calculating the foundation of the pile by FB Pier. During the construction phase, control the camber by RM Space Frame 2000